With Gotta Have Sole clubs expanding across the country, young leaders are supporting their less-advantaged peers by donating new footwear and organizing corresponding after-school programs in homeless shelters. Our goal is to work with young leaders and shelters in every state to help youth change the state of homelessness.
You can make this vision a reality by starting a Gotta Have Sole club in your school.
We’ve made it easy for you to run a club and will send you toolkits for each step of the way.
As a club leader, you would:
- Build a group of students dedicated to giving back to homeless youth.
- Learn about the true face of homelessness in the US and take action to address this pervasive problem.
- Host shoe drives & fundraisers to collect new shoes to donate to a homeless shelter in your community.
- Visit a local homeless shelter to donate the shoes you’ve collected and lead extracurricular activities, tutoring, and other programs for the kids who are living in the shelter.
- Gain access to a network of club leaders across the country who act as mentors, supporters, friends.
“I am a peacemaker and am fighting for equality for homeless children because I believe they deserve the same opportunities as children whose families can afford a roof over their heads. Whether stepping onto a soccer field or a tiled school floor, I am committed to meet their needs and help them succeed. I’m changing lives, one step at a time. Won’t you join me?”
Improving the Lives of Homeless Children…One “Sole” at a Time